Flatware and Holloware Care
All Christofle flatware can be put in the dishwasher.
If it isn’t possible to wash silverware immediately after use, wipe off any remaining food with paper towels and then rinse in hot water. This will stop prolonged contact with acidic substances which can damage silver.
In the Dishwasher
Christofle silverware can be washed in the dishwasher, provided that you follow a few simple rules:
- Before the first use, wash your silverware by hand with a gentle liquid dish detergent.
- In the dishwasher, use traditional, chlorine-free powders or tablets. Do not use liquid or gel products, which often contain chlorine. If you use a water softening product in the dishwasher, avoid washing your silverware during the first cycle. Follow dishwasher instructions concerning the hardness of the water. Water with a high mineral content can be corrosive. Do not wash knives manufactured before 1968 in a dishwasher.
Christofle cleaning products (available at ISTO Interior Houses)
Christofle offers specially-formulated cleaning products that will make silverware care easy and effective.
After using each of these products, rinse in clean water and wash as usual.
- For Flatware : Flashargent
Rapid tarnish removal liquid.
Dip pieces in this highly-concentrated liquid for just a few seconds and traces of tarnish will disappear.
Do not leave flatware in Flashargent for a long time. Do not let stainless steel blades come into contact with Flashargent.
- For Stainless Steel: Stainless Steel Cleaner
Easily removes discolorations from stainless steel including knife blades.
- For Daily Care: Silversmith’s Mitts or Chamois Cloth
Treated with a Christofle polishing agent, they are simple to use. Quickly produces a beautiful shine without the mess.
- Also For Silverware : Anti-tarnish Liquid, Silversmith’s Paste and Silverware Natural Spray
These products eliminate tarnish and restore shine while providing long-term protection. Use as directed.
Products that do not require any care
All Christofle picture frames are varnished and do not require any special care. Do not use Christofle or household cleaning products, which could damage the finish. A soft, dry cloth is all that is needed to remove dust from varnished products.
For items of silver and wood, do not let the cleaning products come into contact with the wood.
Use a soft sponge and soapy water. Never use a corrosive or abrasive product. Never let your silverware come into contact with bleach. Promptly dry with a soft cloth.